*Sign up before March 15, 2015 and see €20 coming off!
Day 1 / Saturday, May 2, 2015:
Pelvic Power and – Liberated Back
In this workshop, you will:
- Experience effortless aligment and balance for the whole body through experiential understanding of the pelvic bones, joints and muscles.
- Discover and apply the dynamic aligment of the sacrum.
- Increase the flexibility of your hip joints for yoga, dance and life.
- Learn pelvic exercises for strength, endurance and flexibility.
- Release tension and pain in your pelvis and lower back.
- Experience Dynamic core training for your pelvis.
This workshop focuses on the practical application of imagery techniques to increase the power, alignment and flexibility of the pelvic joints and muscles. To balance the action of the joints we will experience the natural bone rhythms in support of healthy function.
This, in turn, will increase the safety of the lower back, knees and feet. Sacral balance is key to the alignment of the spine and legs. We will experience how the sacrum actually moves as a key to understanding and creating efficient, safe movement.
Throughout the workshop imagery and language is used that explains the complex subject matter at all levels of experience. Evolutionary logic will provide a fresh and practical understanding of the anatomy and biomechanics of the pelvis. The participants will leave the workshop with a sense of aligned strength through the pelvis floor, the feet firmly balanced and the spine long and buoyant.
Day 2 / Sunday, May 3, 2015:
Natural Breathing and Psoas-Beyond the Abdominals
Many of us agree that breathing is very important not just for survival but our overall wellbeing.
Yet most of us don’t really
know how it actually works. What is good breathing, what is the design and what can prevent its proper activation. Your breathing influences the health of a variety of aspects like posture, heart, digestion, pelvic floor, emotions, learning ability and energy levels.
In this workshop we will come to understand the design, structure and movement of the diaphragm, ribs, deep abdominal muscles and how they can work together to strengthen und free up both body and mind. Through easy-to-do imagery, touch, voice and movement exercises, we will explore the mechanics and physiology of the breathing. We will explore the wave pattern of breathing up and down the spine and experience how we can use our breath as out positive energy thermostat.
Here is what you will learn in this workshop:
- How breathing works and what it means to breathe well.
- How posture and breathing are related.
- How to use breathing to improve your energy level & endurance.
- Learn imagery and self-touch exercises to improve the efficiency of the bones, tendons, muscles and joints for walking and movement.
The Psoas: Beyond the Abdominals
The psoas is part of the iliopsoas muscle group, which plays a key role in healthy alignment, stability and efficient movement. Its proper training commonly relieves back and pelvic pain. The psoas major as a true core muscle hugs the lumbar spine, the iliacus is our most important hip flexor.
This course will combine theoretical and practical work, using imagery and the participants will learn step-by-step exercises protocols in the supine and standing position.
- Discover the role of the psoas muscles in movement, stability and balance
- Release your lower back and deepen your breathing
- Create more ease of movement in walking, running and sitting.
- Feel grounded, stable and dynamically aligned.
- Experience natural flexibility in your hip joints